How to motivate your followers and team mates has been a center of many studies, the one thing that we are sure of that people are motivated for different reasons, so an essential step along the way is understanding people and you can only understand them when you first understand yourself and raising your self-awareness.
Principles and motivation
- Motivation starts within – “Self-Awareness”
- People do things for their reasons not for yours or mine
- All people are already motivated towards their own goals
- Pride is a powerful motivator
- This part is about the mindset of motivational leaders
- Referring to DiSC profile; what motivates a D, I, S or C to work more efficiently on the rig and office.
Simulations and role plays
- How would you motivate your crew to report near misses?
- How would you motivate your people to speak up their minds?
- Different tools used by superintendents to motivate their people.
- Promotions as a motivation tool.
- Role plays
How would you celebrate achievements of your rigs?
How would you use competition as a motivation across rigs?
How would you deal with unmotivated people?
Review and summary